[MPlayer-users] MEncoder problem with 1.0pre3, audio track too fast

Karl Wood mplayer at shevek.f9.co.uk
Sat Dec 27 12:53:49 CET 2003

I did some more investigating because there is a thread here that suggested
Quicktime audio might be broken:

"mplayer 1.0pre3-3.2 Audio sync/speed"

Sure enough I have the same problem, audio at double speed, when
playing back my Quicktime file, the same file that mencoder does not
like. But only for mplayer/mencoder-1.0pre3, 1.0pre2 works fine.

I changed the Quicktime movie container format from "mov" to "avi"
using "lavtrans" and encoded using mencoder-1.0pre3, and it works
fine. This is not a good workaround, because AVI only supports 2 Gbyte
files, which is why I use MOV.

I'm still finding my way around the code, tell me where to look I'll
have a go at fixing it. Or, if it is fixed, tell me where the change
was and I'll learn something.

APOLOGY TO LIST MODERATOR

I just posted this same message with the relevant mencoder logs, but
it got bounced. Sorry, I didn't realise they were so big! I tried to
cancel using the URL in the bounce, but it doesn't work.