[MPlayer-users] -ss

tarass at club-internet.fr tarass at club-internet.fr
Sat Dec 27 21:31:36 CET 2003

Le 12/27/2003 09:04 PM, Karl Wood a joliment écrit :

> I'm =guessing= you are attempting to do a 3 pass encode and have
> forgotten to add the -ss and its argument on the audio pass.

Missed ;-) Sorry.

It's a long story:

I have encoded some video from vdr (mpegpes) to lavc in 3 pass method.
Now I want to cut the 120 first seconds and the end of the file.
I wasn't able to do this during the encoding phase, because I couldn't
determine the exact begin and endding frames.
I use avidemux for that, but it doesn't read vdr files.

I tried to cut the beginig and the end of my file with avidemux, but it
can't save the video cleanly: if I use smart copy the video is shake and
  lose the correct resolution, if I don't the video is not shaky but the
resolution is lost.

I burned 2 DVD before to see that.

By now, I used avidemux to determine precisly the beginig and endig
frames, then I tried

mencoder film.avi -ss begin-frame -frames nb-frames\
	 -ovc copy -oac copy -o bob.avi

the video begins correctly from the right position but the audio starts
from the begining of the file.

If I try mplayer film.avi -ss begin-frame

A/V is syncro ???

Thanks for any help, because my HD is quiet full and I have new stuff to
record.

Thanks.

Nicolas.

--