[MPlayer-users] compile fails with --enable-gui

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Mon Dec 29 12:08:39 CET 2003

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 12:46:50 +0530
Rahul Sawarkar <torahuls at vsnl.com> wrote:

> DOCS/bugreports.html]
> > You need gtk-1.2.x.
> Hi
> I thought I'd never hear this in the linux world - "you need to
> downgrade for it to work..."

Personally, I think of GTK-2 as the downgrade.  GTK-1 would be an
upgrade.

Besides that little commentary, there are many, many situations where
you have to downgrade on linux.  I very often see that with libxml,
since v2 is incompatible with v1, and many programs were written using
the v1 lib.

> No thank you, I'll use the cmdline instead...

That sounds like the kind of thing we regularly hear "in the linux
world".