[MPlayer-users] Re: Is mplayer slow?

Tobias Diedrich ranma at gmx.at
Wed Dec 31 01:35:57 CET 2003

romildo at uber.com.br wrote:

> I have been using both mplayer and transcode for making
> SVCDs from AVIs and from DVDs. I have noticed that
> the mplayer solution is at least twice slower than
> the transcode solution. Is there any reason for
> that? Is there anything I can do to make mplayer
> go faster?

mplayer is the fastest thing in your chain, I'd guess it's due to
different mpeg2enc options and slow yuvscaler.
You can let mplayer handle the scaling (-vf scale) and mencoder can
encode mpeg2 too (recent versions).

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.2ya.com
This mail is made of 100% recycled bits.