[MPlayer-users] (no subject)

Jeffrey J. Kosowsky registration at kosowsky.org
Wed Dec 31 04:33:47 CET 2003

>Stephen Stocker lpar at par1.net
>Sat Dec 27 01:16:21 CET 2003

>    * no sound, ever!
>
>  Hi,
>  I thought maybe the problem was your not having codecs.conf
>  installed
>  (it should be copied to the ~/.mplayer/ directory), but this stream
>  still wouldn't work.
>
>  However, changing the mms: to mmst: in the stream URL works
>  fine. I've
>  run into quite a few of those, btw. Hope this helps! There are still
>  some weird streams around that don't do anything except give a
>  "Connected" message. They appear to connect and then get immediately
>  disconnected, judging from Netstat.

Bingo... works for me! (I too kept thinking problem was with codecs
etc.)

- Any idea though why you need to do this "kluge" of writing mmst in
  place of the 'mms' url that appears in the http link?

- Also, why do xine (and windoze media player) work ok here without the
  kluge?

- Is this a "bug" that is/should be fixed in mplayer?

Thanks,
Jeff