[MPlayer-users] libavcodec cannot decode some xvid video correctly

陆然 hephooey at fastmail.fm
Wed Dec 31 11:27:57 CET 2003

Hi,

I have some avi files encoded with xvid video, when I try to play it with
libavcode's decoder, I always got some errors like this:

[mpeg4 @ 0x874dfa0]vop not coded

all these frames are skipped, the image seems a little bit jurky. And then I
try to play it using xvid's own decoder, there seems to be no frameskip,
though I don't know how to do some test to be sure, I've upload a sample to

ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/xvid_vop_not_coded.avi

and there is a log in the attachment.

--
Best Regards,
LR