[MPlayer-users] aRts output problems

Arunas Ruksnaitis arunasr at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 1 15:42:02 CET 2003

Hi,

aRts output does not seem to work properly with GUI. I have two problems:

1. CPU usage is very high with GUI. With command line mplayer, CPU usage is
below radar; all I can see is artsd processing its input at around 10% CPU
use. With "gmplayer -ao arts" however, it takes all CPU it can get. It is
much better if I run gmplayer with artsdsp: "artsdsp -m gmplayer -ao oss"

2. gmplayer volume and balance controls do not work with "-ao arts" either.
Again, they work alright with artsdsp.

All in all, it is a great player, thanks a lot! I only wish the installation
was a little bit friendlier. It was a bit of a nuisance to collect all the
bits and bobs and put them in right places, but once you get it up and
running - who cares!

Many thanks  Arunas