[MPlayer-users] AC3 + alsa bug?

gabor farkas gabor at realtime.sk
Wed Jan 1 22:00:24 CET 2003

On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 12:44:56PM +0100, Bohdan Cech wrote:
> Hello,
>
> ive experienced a strange behaviour of mplayer while playing AC3 movies
> through alsa9.
> If i play movie using -channels 6 -ao alsa9:surround51 everything works
> fine, but when
> i try to seek forward or backward in movie (buttons
> pgup,pgdwn,left,right) it does some
> mess with channels. Seems to me like if it cycles channels like this
> (center+sub)->(left+right)->(left_surround+right_surround), so after 3
> cycles (i press forward
> button 3 times for example) everything is ok again. Switching to
> fullscreen and back does
> the same mess too.
> Ive tried MPlayers 0.90pre7 - 0.90rc2 and its same.
>
> I use SB Audigy sound cart with analog 5.1 speakers connected.
> Sound drivers are alsa 0.9.0rc6 .
>
> I hope you get rid of this bug fast because MPlayer is the greatest
> movie player,
> keep the good work going.

can't you use oss? ( i know that it's not an excuse for a non working alsa
plugin )

bye,
gabor

> With the best wishes for the New Year
>
> Bohdan Cech

That's life for you, said McDunn.  Someone always waiting for someone
who never comes home.  Always someone loving something more than that
thing loves them.  And after awhile you want to destroy whatever
that thing is, so it can't hurt you no more.
                -- R. Bradbury, "The Fog Horn"