[MPlayer-users] playback probs going from .90pre1 to .90rc2

Daniel Olson olso1911 at umn.edu
Thu Jan 2 02:18:52 CET 2003

I have a problem playing back two files in particular. These files are AVI
format. They played perfectly under .90pre1. Following the update, the 1st
file, plays but it cannot detect audio any more. The 2nd file reports that it
is non interleaved and is playing with the -ni option. It doesn't advance
video or audio, I can seek in the file but I am always left looking at a
still frame. Under 90pre1 I noticed the output says:
MainAVIHeader.dwFlags: (272) HAS_INDEX IS_INTERLEAVED

...so I presume it is in fact interleaved. I also tried .90rc1 and saw the
same problem. Reverting to .90pre1 solves the problem. I have not tried any
other versions inbetween.

I am concerned that these files which once were playable are no longer in
recent releases and I am hoping that the ability to playback these files is
not forever lost with all new releases of mplayer. I'm not sure what to do in
order to investigate this further or what other info I could provide to be
more helpful but I wanted to at least express that something seems to have
become broken or removed since .90pre1.

Thx