[MPlayer-users] Do subtitles automatically scale when -vop scale is used?

Ed Fisher gleam at debacle.org
Thu Jan 2 07:50:22 CET 2003

On Wed, Jan 01, 2003 at 06:45:14PM -0500, D Richard Felker III spake thus:
> On Wed, Jan 01, 2003 at 04:51:55PM -0600, Ed Fisher wrote:
> > My default vop options:
> > vop=pp=hb/vb/dr/al/lb,expand=640:480,scale=640:-2
>
> This will not do at all what you want. Postprocessing MUST be done
> before scale and expand (thus last in the list) or the info needed for
> it will all be lost!

Hmm.  I reported a while ago that using -pp and -vo xv and -vop expand
gave me grey expanded areas instead of black.

This is now happening with -vo xv, -dr, and -vop expand,pp

If I just do -vop expand=640:480 without the pp, the border is black,
but as soon as I include pp options, the expanded area changes to grey.

Someone try the following:

mplayer -vo xv -dr -vop expand=640:480,pp=hb/vb/dr/al/lb filename

and see if you can reproduce it.

If you cannot, I'll post more information on my setup.

-gleam
--
Progress means replacing a theory that is wrong with one more subtly wrong.