[MPlayer-users] AC3 + alsa bug?

gabor farkas gabor at realtime.sk
Thu Jan 2 14:37:16 CET 2003

On Wed, Jan 01, 2003 at 11:20:39PM +0100, Bohdan Cech wrote:
> Well I've tried oss plugin too through alsa-oss emulation, but it's even
> worse, because it's not playing 5.1 .
> If i try -ao oss -channels 6 everything seems ok:
>
> AO: [oss] 48000Hz 6ch Signed 16-bit (Little-Endian)
> Building audio filter chain for 48000Hz/6ch/16bit -> 48000Hz/6ch/16bit...
>
> But it is not playing the right 5.1 sound, just some upmix from stereo
> or something. I don't know if it's
> because of alsa emulation or anything, but it's not working anyway.

i assume this was a reply for me :-)

i didn't mean to use alsa oss emulation, but to use normal oss..

isn't the audigy supported by oss? (  sb-live is supported )...

about the oss emu stuff... it didn't work for me too, 2channel out
is ok, but 5.1 is not...

i've played a little with the sb-live alsa output, but then went back to
oss drivers ( easier to set up + use + mplayer seeks faster with oss :-)

bye,
gabor

> bye
>
> Bohdan Cech

That's life for you, said McDunn.  Someone always waiting for someone
who never comes home.  Always someone loving something more than that
thing loves them.  And after awhile you want to destroy whatever
that thing is, so it can't hurt you no more.
                -- R. Bradbury, "The Fog Horn"