[MPlayer-users] EDL

Michael Halcrow mah69 at email.byu.edu
Thu Jan 2 18:29:47 CET 2003

FYI: A'rpi's declared a feature freeze until after the 0.90 release. For
those who are interested, in the meantime, you can get my latest EDL
patches from:

http://students.cs.byu.edu/~mhalcrow/edl.html

Current changelog for EDL 0.6:

    * Re-implemented the user seek EDL pointer recovery as a binary
search.
    * Wrote a new video filter, ``vf_rectanglefill.c''.
    * Included the ability to block out sections of the screen with
rectangles through EDL records (i.e.: "5 10 2 100:100:100:100:000000"
will make a black box at x=100, y=100, width=100, height=100 from second
5 to second 10).
    * Made the EDL muting work intelligently with user mutes.
    * Changed messaging to use mp_msg system rather than printf.
    * Patch applies to mplayer after EDL version 0.5 is merged in.

Still to do:

    * Refine recovery from user seeks during playback.
    * Get rectanglefill working with -vop invocation and EDL together
(haven't really tested this yet).

Any other feature requests/bug fixes are welcome. And if anyone wants to
throw together an XML Schema for an EDL file format, be my guest. :-)

Mike

--
Michael Halcrow                          | mhalcrow at byu.edu
Research Assistant, Network Security Lab | Dept. of Comp. Science
                                         | Brigham Young University
If the self-serving bias is universal,   |
how come I only see it in other people,  |
but not myself? Answer that one!         |
GnuPG Keyprint:  05B5 08A8 713A 64C1 D35D  2371 2D3C FDDA 3EB6 601D