[MPlayer-users] Mplayer & DXR3

Luis.F.Correia Luis.F.Correia at seg-social.pt
Fri Jan 3 11:40:07 CET 2003

Hi,

as many i'm also new to this mailing list.

I have a question that I do not see answered in the FAQ's,
how do I play a 640x272 divx movie with subtitles using
my dxr3 as output, but seeing the full movie size?

this is my commandline:
mplayer -vo dxr3 -ao oss:/dev/em8300_ma-0 -framedrop \
-vop lavc,expand=-1:-1:-1:-1:1 /mnt/cdrom/movie_name.avi

The only way for me to see the movie in its full size is to
change the expand parameter to:
-vop lavc,expand=720:576:-1:-1:1
which plays very slow and makes the subtitles appear very low
on the TV set, the second line not visible.

Maybe i'm not making any sense....

More for later

Nice work on the player! (better then some doze players :)

Luis Correia

PGP Fingerprint: BC44 D7DA 5A17 F92A CA21 9ABE DFF0 3540 2322 21F6
Key Server: http://pgp.mit.edu