[MPlayer-users]

Carsten Schultz carsten at gnocchi.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Fri Jan 3 17:41:48 CET 2003

On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 02:04:12PM +0100, Arpi wrote:
[...]
> > mydvd-video.mpg4
> > mydvd-audio-en.mp3
> > mydvd-audio-de.mp3
> > mydvd-audio-es.mp3
>
> and how do you want to playback it in sync ?

How do you do correctly what he wants to achieve, then?
Enable MPlayer to use frameno.avi as MEncoder does?

BTW:  If I do, eg,

    mencoder -o foo.avi -oac null -ovc lavc source.avi
    mencoder -o frameno.avi -oac mp3lame -ovc frameno source.avi
    mencoder -o dest.avi -oac copy -ovc copy foo.avi

will I get the same result as with

    mencoder -o dest.avi -oac mp3lame -ovc lavc source.avi ?

Does it make a difference, if I add `-ac null' to the first line?
I find all of this AV-syncing quite tricky...

Another question:  Are there any plans to rework mplayer.c and
mencoder.c?  To convert to rawrgb I have to use `mencoder -ovc
rawrgb', to get yuv I have to use `mplayer -vo yuv4mpeg'.  I guess the
reasons are historical in nature?

Greetings,

Carsten

--
Carsten Schultz (2:40, 33:47), FB Mathematik, FU Berlin
http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~cschultz/