[MPlayer-users] [BUG?] current lavc & problems with cutting AVIs

Jindrich Makovicka makovick at kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz
Fri Jan 3 22:50:21 CET 2003

I recently started experiencing problems with cutting divx AVIs captured
from TV. After cutting the desired section, MPlayer spits out this when
trying to play the resulting file:

Start playing...
Marker bit missing before vop_coded
hmm, seems the headers arnt complete, trying to guess time_increment_bits
my guess is 5 bits ;)
looks like this file was encoded with (divx4/(old)xvid/opendivx) ->
forcing low_delay flag
VDec: vo config request - 512 x 384 (preferred csp: Planar YV12)
[PP] Using external postprocessing filter, max q = 6.
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
VO: [xv] 512x384 => 512x384 Planar YV12
VDec: vo config request - 512 x 384 (preferred csp: Planar YV12) 1 0 0%
[PP] Using external postprocessing filter, max q = 6.
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is 1.33:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
VO: [xv] 512x384 => 512x384 Planar YV12
A:   5.3 V:   5.3 A-V:  0.006 ct:  0.096  133/133   6%  7%  0.5% 1 0 0%

the file is playable but it after a moment, mplayer detects changed
aspect ratio and reinitializes the vo layer. It seems to happen only on
certain starting frames. I tried to cut the section using both
VirtualDub and mencoder, with the same results.

I don't use B-frames and never saw this before (I previously used lavc
build 4647, without problems). The cut section starts with a keyframe,
of course.

Regards,
--
Jindrich Makovicka