[MPlayer-users] OGM and playlists

Sebastiaan S.Breedveld at ITS.TUDelft.NL
Sat Jan 4 10:56:24 CET 2003

Hi,

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Moritz Bunkus wrote:

> Hi.
>
> At the moment neither my ogmtools nor the OggDS filters for Windows
> support the creation of OGM files that contain several video tracks
> after each other. If you include more than one video track (and the
> corresponding audio tracks) then ALL will start at 0, and there's
> nothing that you can sanely do about it. Therefore OGM is probably not
> suited for your purpose. Technically the Ogg specification at xiph.org
> does allow Ogg files with several independent streams after each other
> but it creates a lot of headaches (including seeking... or finding the
> stream headers to begin with...)...
>
> I'm afraid that it won't work with Ogm at the moment.

ah, too bad :-(. A solution could be to divide the one video stream in
parts, say 0->10 min is part 1, 10->15 is part 2, etc. but I am afraid
that is going to be too complicated and ignores everything about
streaming.

Guess I will have to take a look at Matroska now. Any idea's when this
will be implemented in mplayer?

Greetz,
Sebastiaan