[MPlayer-users] BUG: -vop crop

Sami Nieminen sami.nieminen at iki.fi
Sun Jan 5 15:08:12 CET 2003

Hi,

I was trying to capture some video clips from my bt848 TV card and had
problems with colors getting swapped (or somehow bad). I noticed that when I
left out crop filter, this problem disappeared and colors came out properly.

Then I started to try various crop parameters and found out that if the x
position of the crop filter is odd, the colors get swapped, but if it is
even, colors are ok. Here is an example, which produces wrong colors:

mencoder -v -tv
on:driver=v4l:device=/dev/video0:input=1:width=768:height=576:outfmt=yuy2
-ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mjpeg:vqscale=3 -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=128
-vop pp=lb,scale=384:288,crop=750:560:3:8 -o test.mpeg

If the -vop is changed to define crop=750:560:2:8, the colors come out
properly.

Tested with 0.90_rc2 and current cvs.

Regards,
  samppa