[MPlayer-users] Feature Request: -oac null

Sven Over over at hep.physik.uni-siegen.de
Tue Jan 7 12:57:03 CET 2003

Hello, all!

I'm new to this list - just subscribed - so I apologize, if I know post a
request that has already been discussed or so. Also, I'm not the ultimate
mplayer expert. If the answer to my question is "RTFM", than please tell me
where exactly I can R that in the FM.

So, what I need is an option for mencoder to leave audio away at all. I want
to use ogmmerge to make an ogg file from one video avi and two (or even more)
vorbis audio tracks. I wrote a perl skript that creates suitable makefiles
for my transcoding jobs. In that, it calls oggenc to encode the audio tracks.
Because of that, it's a waste of harddisk space to have mencoder copy (-oac
copy) the original audio to the avi it creates. PCM would be of course much
worse (-oac pcm). It seems that there is no -oac null. I would really really
like to have one. Or is there already a possibility to achieve that mencoder
does only video encoding. (I suggest there is, RTFM... :-)) But I couldn't
find it, I'm sorry. Please help me.

Thanks a lot.