[MPlayer-users] [BUG] Audio only playing burns CPU (was: OGG

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Jan 7 19:30:31 CET 2003

Hi,

> That's me again with the same bug :-)
>
> I have located the problem more closely.
>
> *- 1 -*
>
> When there is no video stream (or if video is turned off with -vo null
> -vc none) audio data is passed to output (through filters) in _really small_
> chunks (4-30 _bytes_ instead of usual value which is about 8 kilobytes).

the size of teh data chunk is given by teh ao driver!
see get_space() func.
maybe you should add a hack to ao_alsa9.c's get_space:

if(space<8192) return 0; else return space;

so it will return 'buffer is full' until there is at least 8k free space.

> Also, seeking in video files with no video (in audio files it works)
> makes mplayer crash is mpg and avi files (and probably others).
>
> Tthe problem of segfaults is that there are unconditional references to
> sh_video which is NULL in these cases. But just ignoring references to
> sh_video only fixes segfaulting, not seeking, I don't know demuxers code
> that good to fix it :-(

send gdb logs to me, esp. about where are those unconditional sh_video
references. the OSD should be disabled for audio-only files.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team