[MPlayer-users] switching back from fullscreen problem in 90rc2

Filip Kaliński filon at pld.org.pl
Wed Jan 8 13:11:34 CET 2003

On day Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 12:30:26PM +0100, klimes at centrum.cz wrote what follows:

> I use RedHat 8.0. And I think that I was using Gnome (on 8.0 it's a bit difficult to visually distinguish KDE and Gnome).
>
> I tryied console mplayer program.

I suppose that you are using defualt gnome2 window manager which is metacity.
Version 0.90.rc2 has problems with metacity, later versions (snapshots)
should work fine (yesterday I have made anoter workaround for metacity bugs,
so the best would be to use fresh snapshot).

If you want it to work before relasing 0.90.rc3 you have to compile mplayer
by yourself...

P.S.
I'm going to implement A'Rpi's idea of fullscreen mode plugins and
make the choice of fullscreen swithcing mode availible as an run-time
option (with autodetection of the best mode, and testing if it really
works). It should solve this kind of problems.

--
Filip Kaliński <filon at pld.org.pl>