[MPlayer-users] running mplayer with -vo vesa and fullscreen

Thorsten Schick thorsten.schick at gmx.net
Wed Jan 8 14:49:35 CET 2003

Hi all,

I want to run mplayer with the -vo vesa (due to better performance) and the
-fs (Fullscreen) option.
My output device is a TV, the graphic card a nvidia Geforce 2 MX 400 (...I
know, nvidia is not the best choice for Linux...) and the tool for activating
the TV-Out is nvtv.

My problem is when I want to play back a movie file, whatever format it is
(may it be AVI or MPEG), the movie is only played in the upper left part of
the screen. The width is only 1/2 - 2/3 (it depends on the file) and the height
only about 1/4 of the full screen size.

But how can I get a real full screen image of the movie file?

After the play-back of the movie file the display of the text console resp.
the X server is displaced.

Thanks in advance for any hints.

Thorsten