[MPlayer-users] BUG: Decoding SVQ1

cb cb100 at gmx.net
Wed Jan 8 17:16:56 CET 2003

Hi,
following problem when trying to play one of my Quicktime-Movies:

mplayer begins to play but "hangs" after approximatly 1 second (sound
can be heard for this time-span)

console shows an error in an infinite-loop:
"warning: first frame is no keyframe"

when killing the mplayer-processes an error-dialog pops up:
"mplayer interrupted by signal 2 in module: decode_video"

As far as I can see (and understand), the problem is within the
quicktime-libs. Maybe you can fix it though...

Additional Information
----------------------
using QT 6 and QT-Extra DLLs from
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/codecs/

buildt from cvs about 2 days ago and compiled with gcc 2.95.3

compiler-settings: -march=i686 -O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer
mplayer-settings:
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE SSE2
[P4-System]

File-Info as displayed by mplayer on console:
#####
MOV track #0: 286 chunks, 0 samples
Audio bits: 16  chans: 2  rate: 22050
Audio extra header: len=64  fcc=0x77617665
Fourcc: QDM2
--------------
MOV track #1: 574 chunks, 3734 samples
MOV: Found unknown movie atom SVQ1 (788)!
Image size: 720 x 316 (24 bpp)
Display size: 720 x 316
Fourcc: SVQ1  Codec: 'Sorenson Video'
#####

the file works fine with the windows-quicktimeplayer and shows the same
codecs

the movie-clip can be found at
http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/joanofarc/assets/joan480.mov
(22MB !)