[MPlayer-users] 2 bugs - wma audio and rm sync - should they be

Dmitry Baryshkov lumag at qnc.ru
Thu Jan 9 19:46:21 CET 2003

Hello all!
Vladimir Mosgalin wrote:

>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Attila Kinali wrote:
>
>AK>> I've uploaded this file some days ago, it's name is
>AK>> FLCL_Ending_My.wav. Please also look at "File 1 - Skin Dive.rm", it had
>AK>> another problem. .txt files are there too.
>AK>
>AK>Cant tell what's wrong, either the file is a new format or broken.
>
>I don't think it's broken - even WMP plays it, and mplayer is much
>smarter ;)

Some days/weeks ago I have such problem with two .wma files. They can't
be played with either -afm dmo, or anything else. I know, they aren't
broken: they are playable with WMP.
It's not a problem of hardware: everything else works OK. It's a problem
of codecs  for 0x161 format. ffwmav2, divx gives A: -0,0 status line and
don't even produce the sound.   wmadmo produces noice.
Two weeks ago (or so) files uploaded to ftp (with proper bugreports to
lists). One is track0.wma/.txt. Another's name I can't recollect now.
Look in mail archive, if interested. Topic 'Uplayable .wma...' probably.

BTW: Vladimir: Have you tried -afm dmo with new codec pack (needs
wma9dmod.dll or wmadmod.dll depending of file).

--
With best wishes
        Dmitry.