[MPlayer-users] What's my problem with DRI?

Hed Vat hedavat2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 10 09:12:52 CET 2003

                            IN THE NAME OF GOD
 Hi,
   I have a RedHat 7.2, with XFree86 4.1.0-3 and 2.4.19 kernel.I have a
 SiS 630 graphic card. I'm using ther "XFree86" X-server and
 Thomas Winishhofer's sisfb, sis_drv.o and sis_dri.so.
   The kernel says that mtrr, sisfb, agpgart and drm modules started
 properly. In the XFree86.0.log I can find that drm, dri and glx modules
 work properly and there is "direct rendering enabled" string in this file.
  Here is my LibGL.so output after doing "export LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose" :

        libGL: XF86DRIGetClientDriverName: 0.1.0 sis
        libGL: trying /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/sis_dri.so
        libGL: trying /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/dri/sis_dri.so
 And I can't find any error or warning about my problem.
   But my 3D programs use software rendering and glxinfo says:
        direct rendering: No
        OpenGL vendor string: VA Linux Systems, Inc.
        OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
        OpenGL version string: 1.2 Mesa 3.4.2

 What should I do?

 thanks,
 hedayat