[MPlayer-users] Dolby Digital 5.1

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Jan 11 23:42:27 CET 2003

Hi,

> 1. Upon running one of the thx tex trailers, iv'e noticed that the sound often
> appears in the wrong channel. This might be my soundcard, which is C-media an
> OSS (The ALSA 6 channel driver doesn't work) (6 channel analog out), but it
> works flawlessly in xine.

then use xine...
esp. that c-media sponsored xine to support their hw...
or donate the mplayer developers an 5.1 audio set...

> 2. Is it possible to use every channel but the center. I have 6 analog
> channels out. I have LF RF LR RR and LFE, but the center is missing, and i
> want to use the two front speakers as center. Now that works fine choosing
> four channel output, but then my LFE is left without signal. Any ideas?

-af pan=... should help

> 3. -aop list=sourround is still slowing everything down to half speed. Anyway
> to fix this?

-aop is obsolete, use new filter layer (-af surround... )

anyway surround filters is for 2->4 channel upsampling, not for 6->4

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team