[MPlayer-users] making simple movies

Sun Jan 12 20:43:58 CET 2003

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, Arpi wrote:

A>you can do it with mpeg2enc pipe, see mencvcd script

Well, yes i can, but i want just mpeg2+mp3 stream, not svcd, and it's a
little easier to run transcode then to hack this script ;)

A>anyway true, no builtin mpeg2 encoder yet. transcode has one?

It's based on bbmpeg and can encode mpeg1/2.

A>i don't know any fast (l)gpl mpeg2 encoder out there.

Well, time isn't the point for me now - it was said in ffmpeg mailing
list that using some lavc options to gain quality can slowdown encoding
up to ten times... I don't think that encoding to mpeg2 with 2-4mbit/s
bitrate will be much slower. There is no point to use mpeg2 for lower
bitrates, in my opinion.

--

Vladimir