[MPlayer-users] -slave and perl

Michael Halcrow mah69 at email.byu.edu
Wed Jan 15 03:16:22 CET 2003

I'm hacking the dvd2divxscript.pl script. I want to sample a few random
sections of the video with -vop cropdetect, and then choose the most
frequently displayed value as the crop value (yeah, it's an ugly hack,
but it works most of the time, which is my goal).

Right now, I'm using my EDL system to jump around in the video, but I
would really rather send commands via mplayer's -slave mode for this
operation. Any Perl hackers out there know how to send commands to
mplayer in slave mode from within a script?

Specifically, I'd like to do something like:

wait 5 seconds
skip forward
wait 5 seconds
skip forward
wait 5 seconds
quit

Thanks,
Mike

--
Michael Halcrow                          | mhalcrow at byu.edu
Research Assistant, Network Security Lab | Dept. of Comp. Science
                                         | Brigham Young University
"Your superior intellect is no match for |
our puny weapons!"                       |
GnuPG Keyprint:  05B5 08A8 713A 64C1 D35D  2371 2D3C FDDA 3EB6 601D