[MPlayer-users] PATCH for testing - fixes DVD delay?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Jan 16 01:39:26 CET 2003

Hi,

> > Ok i've found a possible problem, around the mpeg-es demuxer's buffering.
> > Here's a first try to fix, please test it (i have only a few discs and i
> > can't really see that delay, at least sometimes 0 seems to be ok sometoimes
> > -200ms... but probably it's just me or badly mastered disc)
> >
> > patch:  http://mplayerhq.hu/~arpi/dvd/pts-try1.diff

> Yes! AV-Sync is much better for me now. Compared rc2 against CVS. DVD: Diana
> Krall - Live In Paris, played through xvidix+hwac3. Here and there I suspect
> another 100ms missing but maybe it's just my imagination and/or wishful

you see it right, there was - as i thought - B frames delay, causing
another 100-120ms delay.

here's an updated patch:

http://mplayerhq.hu/~arpi/dvd/ptsfix2.diff

it fixes all delay for me and .so, please test and tell me if it works for
you too.

note that i've finally found the problem:
mpeg1 files have PTS for P & B frames too, but many mpeg2 files have PTS
for I frames only. since I frames have 3 frames delay, using only (delayed)
I as reference caused delay...

as a bonus (and testing material :)) this patch contains TELECINE detection
and removal. it makes playback of telecined (24fps->30fps) mpegs smoother.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team