[MPlayer-users] Re: using mencoder to create raw data .avi

Dean S. Messing deanm at sharplabs.com
Thu Jan 16 06:22:49 CET 2003

Ok, Thanks A'rpi.  The emergency has passed (I got someone
to take the raw files and make me an .avi with a Windoze appl.

Png would have been just fine if I had had the magic commandline.
I would have used ImageMagic `convert' to convert the raw .rgb to .png format.

Now, I'll try to read the mencoder docs and figure it out for myself.
I'll ask some questions after I've been "a good boy" and read
the manual.

Dean

 :: > I know this is RTFM question so please forgive my asking.
 :: > But this is an emergency (demo in three hours to some important people).
 :: >
 :: > Would someone give me the commandline I need to use to get Mencoder
 :: > to create an uncompressed .avi file (hopefully playable by MPlayer :-)
 :: > from a sequence of raw .rgb frames
 ::
 :: mplayer/mencoder cannot handle raw rgb image files yet, it support png,
 :: jpeg and tga formats for images only. anyway it should be easy to hack
 :: demux_mf.c to handle them, probably the same way as png but set fourcc
 :: to IMGFMT_RGB24
 ::
 :: > Also tell me how the rgb needs to be  organised in the raw rgb frames.
 :: > I can make it anything you say.  The data is 8-bits per colour plane.
 ::
 :: RGBRGBRGB... 8 bit each, 24 per pixel packed
 ::
 ::
 :: A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team