[MPlayer-users] PATCH for testing - fixes DVD delay?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Jan 16 12:17:03 CET 2003

Hi,

> > as a bonus (and testing material :)) this patch contains TELECINE detection
> > and removal. it makes playback of telecined (24fps->30fps) mpegs smoother.
>
> Cool! Does that mean we can do away with having to use -ofps with
> mencoder?

not :(
i was thinking about it, but it requires to decode a few (about 10) frames
to be sure it's telecined. switching fps while playback in mplayer is ok,
but mencoder requires fixed fps.
but at least it prints the correct fps to console so you'll know that you
need -ofps and also know the right fps value :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team