[MPlayer-users] deinterlacer performance?

Thu Jan 16 13:13:18 CET 2003

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Moritz Bunkus wrote:

MB>> It's deactivated when you don't use -vop pp at all or use
MB>> -vop pp=smth1/smth2/etc (like -vop pp=lb).
MB>
MB>So I can assume that both lb and li use approx. 35% of my 733MHz?

Well, you can test that by running
mplayer -vfm libmpeg2 -vo null -nosound -vop pp=lb
cpu usage shown for video output will be cpu usage for pp.
li should be much faster then lb.

test with different deinterlacers - lb,li,ci,md,fd. md seems to be about
two times faster then lb, so it may help you.

--

Vladimir