[MPlayer-users] srt subtitles with French characters

Alexandre Aractingi aaractingi at libertysurf.fr
Thu Jan 16 16:26:48 CET 2003

Hi,

When I call "mplayer movie.avi -sub subtitle.srt", everything is just
great. Now if I do that with gmplayer, it displays subtitles ok, except
the special characters (c with cedilla, euro sign etc) that get replaced
with underscores. I tried to set the subtitles font in preferences to
"Western European Language with Euro (ISO-8859-15) ", but then I get
errors in the shell and it segfaults:

Glyph for char 0xa2|U+00A2|¢ not found.
[etc... with all characters]

I am running 0.90rc2-3.2 on a Mandrake 9.0 system. Any idea to fix this?
Thanks all!

--
Alexandre Aractingi <aaractingi at libertysurf.fr>