[MPlayer-users] A new user has a few questions

Haas Wernfried w.haas at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Jan 17 23:09:15 CET 2003

hi,
On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 11:52:50AM -0700, Bearcat M. Sandor wrote:
> Cds
>
> 	Am I right the MPlayer will not play cds?

no, (you mean audio cds?) check manpage and archives:
http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2003-January/027165.html

> Buffering
> 	Is there a way to set a read ahead caache (like xmms has) so avoid
> drop-outs with disk activity (when playing mp3s for instance)?
man mplayer -> -cache (e.g. 30000 (ok, that's a bit much ;) )

regards,
	wernfried

--
-> Fppmpppffpppmpfpffmffmppmpm Mfpmmmmmmfmm
-> fpp.mfpmmmmmmfmm at fpfppffpmmpppff.ppmfmfmpm.mmmfmp
-> mfpfmpfmppfm://fpfppffpmmpppff.ppmfmfmpm.mmmfmp/~mmmppmpppmpppppmffppfppp
-> http://www.namesuppressed.com/kenny/