[MPlayer-users] mencoder

Benedikt Huber benjovi at gmx.net
Sat Jan 18 19:58:57 CET 2003

hi

i got some questions about recording with v4l using mplayer

1) Is there a proper way to end the recording (that is, with out
Control-C or a SIGQUIT signal ?).
2) Is it possible to set the recording time (as it is possible with vcr,
for example) ?
At the moment, i wrote a wrapper to achieve above functionality, but it
would be nice if it would be possible without it.

!! 3) After recording, the audio stream seems to continue playing. When
I try to record a second time, I get distorted audio. When I try to
watch a video after recording, the movie's audio-stream is surpressed by
the audio-stream from the video card (Pinnacle PCTV)

4) do you plan to make the gui capable of recording ?
5) is it possible to split files while recording or will it be possible
in one of the next versions ?

it would be very kind, if someone could anwser this questions

best regards

b.huber