[MPlayer-users] Playing DVD with hwac3: very low framerate

Marc Packenius marc at freenet-rz.de
Sat Jan 18 20:51:52 CET 2003

Arpi  <arpi at thot.banki.hu> writes:

>> Using these options (after 'emu-script' did some setup magic) I do get
>> perfect Dolby Surround 5.1 sound - but the video frame rate seems to be
>> about 3 frames per second while audio is playing. When the audio stream

> sounds like buggy OSS driver (not surprising). try -autosync 100, if still
> not ok, then try other driver (there are at least 3 for sblive, alsa9,
> oss(kernel), oss(creative)).

> i don't know which one worked correctly with hwac3, see list archives,
> it was on topic recently.

Thanks a lot, alsa9 seems to be doing the trick for me: I get 5.1 sound
and decent framerates. I need an audio offset of 200-300ms now, but I
seem to remember reading about this here in the last few days, so I'll
just wait for that patch to make it into CVS.

Regards,
--
Marc Packenius @ 4P | Zentrale Seitenauslieferung, Düsseldorf

Honesty is the key to a relationship. If you can fake that, you're in.
 	-- Rich Jeni