[MPlayer-users] Mencoder and BT878cards...

Richard Lindahl tomte at bungholio.ulkhyvlers.net
Sat Jan 18 23:41:28 CET 2003

I have a really weird problem that I cannot figure out (spent like 12 hours
fiddling today), which occurs with using my Hauppage WinTV Theater...

The card is BT878, and I am using the onboardaudio.

The problem is basically that the sound comes out way whacked,
its like I had the smurfs over for a visit. Ie, the sound has a weird
pitch... I cant describe it better than it sounds like the smurfs ;)

My commandoptions are:

mencoder -tv on:driver=v4l:width=384:height=288 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=350:vhq:vqmax=31:keyint=300 -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=48 -vop scale=384:288,pp=lb -o output.avi

Any hints and/or pointers ?

And while we are at it, a higher resolution while sampling (and rescaling it
down to 384x288) seems to hang my computer rock hard... But I suspect that is
a bug with the linuxkerneldrivers (using 2.4.20).

To top it off, I have a small featurerequest as well ;)
I can receive TV over a multicasted udpstream but watching it is a bit harder,
mplayer spews out:

Playing rtp://239.1.1.3:10003
Connected to server: 239.1.1.3
Stream not seekable!
RTP packet sequence error!  Expected: 12563, received: 12569
RTP packet sequence error!  Expected: 12570, received: 12560
RTP packet sequence error!  Expected: 12561, received: 12567

and on and on...

The stream is generated from a Tandbergbox (cannot remember the exact model),
and it is mpeg2 as far as I know.

Any chance of that being supported in the future ?

// Richard

--
"Its hard to be religious when certain people are never
 incinerated by bolts of lightning."

- Calvin & Hobbes