[MPlayer-users] Problem playing VOB files, regression from 0.90rc1->rc2

Bernhard Rosenkraenzer bero at arklinux.org
Sun Jan 19 04:37:47 CET 2003

Hi,
I've noticed that mplayer 0.90rc2 (and CVS from 4 days ago) introduced a
problem playing VOB files generated with dvdgen from dvdrtools 0.1.3.

dvdgen is a script that uses transcode to try to generate VOB files from
normal mpeg or AVI streams - basically, it does
	transcode -i input.file -V -y mpeg -F d -o tmp -N 0x50
	tcmplex -o output.vob -i tmp.m2v -p tmp.mpa -m d
[I've tried both transcode 0.6.2 and the current 0.6.3 snapshot].

Using
	mplayer -vo xv -ao oss -fs output.vob
works with 0.90rc1, with 0.90rc2 and current CVS, it draws green bars and
crashes immediately after, claiming "@@@libmpeg2 returned from sig11...
(bad file?)@@@"
xine 1.0-beta1 and the <puke>Windoze XP DVD player</puke> [Got to test
with that if you want to write DVDs that work anywhere, unfortunately] can
play the files.

Any ideas?

LLaP
bero