[MPlayer-users] Re: ANNOUNCE: mplayerplug-in v0.30

Michael Flohr flohr at itp.uni-hannover.de
Sun Jan 19 14:23:49 CET 2003

>actually it picks all of the referenced streams from *_sref.mov,
>and put into a playlist. so you shoul dbe able to switch stream with < > keys
>
>anyway i've seen crashes when played multiple quicktime files using the qt
>dlls :(
>note that qt dll support is still somewhat experimental...

I have experienced crashes of mozilla in particular when using the
back button after finishing a movie. It reproducible happens when
I return via back button to the www.quicktime.com/trailers page.

Otherwise, the mplayerplug-in works quiet well for me, only two things,
one related to mplayer, one to the plugin:

mplayer: When at home, I only have modem, i.e. a very slow connection.
When mplayer loads the movie, CPU usage goes up to 100% until the
buffer is filled. Is this necessary? Why does mplayer not silently wait
until its buffer is filled, without using so much CPU for doing essentially
nothing?

plugin: When I retrive the source from CVS, I do two changes to all the
calls of mplayer:
a) I put the option "-really-quiet" there, since otherwise,
while mplayer loads the movie and fills its buffer, it writes out a lot of
status which soon lets my .xsessen-errors file grow to several hundreds
MByte!!!
b) I append the option "-loop 0" as the very last option so that I can
see the movie without stutter after the download has been completed.
Maybe, these two "amendements" prove helpful to others which still
have to live with modem lines.

Michael Flohr