[MPlayer-users] Subtitle Question

Ed Fisher gleam at debacle.org
Sun Jan 19 18:49:36 CET 2003

On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 07:32:47AM -0500, Matt spake thus:
> Hi,
>
> MPlayer uses semi-transparent white text for DVD subtitles, whereas most other
> programs (or set-top players) use solid yellow text. I find that I prefer the
> yellow text. So the question is: how can I change the color / transparency of
> MPlayer's subtitle text?
>
>  -Matt

Hi,

from the manpage:

 -sub-bg-alpha <0-255>
        Specify  the  alpha  channel  value  for subtitles and OSD back-
        grounds.  Big values mean more transparency.  The 0 value is  an
        exception and means completly transparent
 -sub-bg-color <0-255>
        Specify the color value for subtitles and OSD backgrounds.  Cur-
        rently subtitles are grayscale so this value is  equivalente  to
        the  intensity  of  the  color.  The 255 value means white and 0
        black.

-gleam
--
Data, n.:
	An accrual of straws on the backs of theories.