[MPlayer-users] Problem With MPlayer v0.90rc3 + DV Avi files + Deinterlacing

Angel angel at knight-industries.com
Mon Jan 20 06:46:18 CET 2003

I've tried encoding a couple of dv avi files with mencoder using the following
command:

mencoder dvavifile.avi \
        -vc ffdv \
        -aspect 4:3 \
        -vop crop=624:480:12:1,scale=642:-2,pp=lb \
        -zoom \
        -oac mp3lame \
        -ovc lavc \
        -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vqscale=3:vhq \
        -o movie.avi

The resulting file looks like black and white with some color strips mixed in.
If I remove the pp=lb post processing filter - the file looks normal (color
wise). Also, if I use either libdv or qdv for the codec mencoder segfaults
immediately. I've tried the latest cvs version - same problem. Everything
worked fine prior to v0.90rc3. If you need me to to fill out a full bug
report / upload files etc.. just say the word.

-Angel