[MPlayer-users] Playing DVD with hwac3: very low framerate

Ketil Z. Malde ketil at ii.uib.no
Mon Jan 20 09:21:54 CET 2003

Marc Packenius <marc at freenet-rz.de> writes:

> I'm trying to play a DVD in Dolby Surround using the SPDIF output of a
> Soundblaster Live! 5.1 which is connected to a Thompson Cheapo 5.1
> amplifier.
  [...]
> Using these options (after 'emu-script' did some setup magic) I do get
> perfect Dolby Surround 5.1 sound - but the video frame rate seems to be
> about 3 frames per second while audio is playing. When the audio stream
> ends, I get these messages:

I experience the same thing (more or less), with the latest (as of a
week ago) OSS driver snapshot from SourceForge.  I get beautiful AC3
sound -- but extremely slow video -- for a short while, and then an
error message, and sound is turned off.  Happens with -vo null as
well.  No noticeable CPU load.

Guess I'll try the alsa9 drivers.

-kzm