[MPlayer-users] Re: More compile error - RC3

Kevin Collins kcollins at qx.net
Mon Jan 20 12:48:46 CET 2003

On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 00:39, Anssi Saari wrote:
> > /usr/include/png.h:324:18: zlib.h: No such file or directory
>
> Like it says, you're missing zlib.h, so maybe installing zlib devel
> package would help.

Anssi:

First thanks for responding.

Now, You were correct, I did not have the zlib-devel package installed.
I fixed that and tried the configure again.

./configure --enable-gui

Now I get this:

Checking for inttypes.h (required) ...
Error: cannot find header inttypes.h (see DOCS/faq.html)

I did read the faq, and did as it instructed, "cp etc/inttypes.h ." and
tried the process again, but it continues to fail at the same spot.

The funny thing is, I KNOW I was getting past this last night.  The only
differance between then and now is I added the Tcl development system so
I could get "aMSN" to work.  Could that have done it?

Another odd thing, I got another recommendation to try this:

./configure --enable-gui --enable-png

Using this last night, it did finish the configure, but complained about
"auto detection" failing.  I didn't catch it until after I tried the
make - which also failed.  Does that help at all?

I'm sorry to be such a pain, but I really can't see what I'm doing
wrong.

Thanks for you help...

- Kevin L. Collins, MCSE                      Reqistered Linux
User:268269
-                                             http://counter.li.org
SuSE Linux 8.1 Pro
"Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies
the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry
penguin charging at them in excess of 100mph.  They'd be a lot more
careful about what they say if they had."
--Linus Torvalds, announcing Linux v2.0