[MPlayer-users] OT Audio routing in TV capture?

Luis.F.Correia Luis.F.Correia at seg-social.pt
Mon Jan 20 16:57:04 CET 2003

You CANNOT plug a lineout into a mic-in, it is not electricaly compatible.

Mic input expects very weak and feable signals, in the milivolt area whereas
the
lineout can output up to 150mv.

IF you build a voltage divisor, you might get away with it, but my guess is
that you must edit the aumix settings to allow recording from another
source.

read aumix man page, and I'm sure you will find the solution.

Now unplug the cable from the mic input before you screw up your sound card!