[MPlayer-users] can't find -npp lb in man pages

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jan 22 02:02:36 CET 2003

> ahh cool, thanks.  now should i use it before or after scaling and cropping?
> i.e. -vop scale,crop=blahblah,pp=lb  (thats before, right?)
> or
> -vop pp=lb,scale,crop=blahblab  (and this is after, right?)

for deinterlacing, it's the best where the image size is teh smallest, so
between crop and scale. anyway it will never work after scale, so your
second line is bad.  for deblock/dering filters you have to do pp first.

> also, whats the difference between using -vop pp=lb and -vop lavcdeint?  if i
different algo.
but pp=fd and lavcdeint should do the same.

> use lavcdeint after scaling and cropping, mencoder crashes.  and if i use it
> before, the resulting divx is unwatchable...=(

yes it's a known bug, but unfortunately none of the developers (who could
fix it) can reproduce. it's working fine for me.

> P.S.  i've tried pp=lb and i still see those horizontal lines during
> movement...especially if the image is very homogenous...any suggestions?

try -vop pp=0x20000

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team