[MPlayer-users] [Slightly off Topic]Extract DVD meta information

Patrick Debois Patrick.Debois at sos.be
Wed Jan 22 13:38:38 CET 2003

Hi,

just wondering. When encoding a Divx of a DVD it would be nice that f.i.
the author,title,copyright could be extracted from the DVD and put in the
resulting .avi file using  "-info" options.

It such a thing possible? I saw the dvdread has something like title-info
and so on. But it seems that they only show a resulting list of cryptic
names  describing the chapters on the DVD. But no information on the DVD
itself.

Maybe something like CDDB exists for DVD's? I only found a site
dvdprofiler but no linux interfaces was found.

I now this is not the core of mplayer, but it would enhance the "-info"
feature though, if it is possible

Patrick