[MPlayer-users] Wrong Audio track played

Mark Veinot vmark at nbnet.nb.ca
Wed Jan 22 17:28:25 CET 2003

I've also noticed that on occiasion mplayer won't pick the right
audio track... I suspect this is more an inconsistancy with the way
that DVD was produced than a real mplayer bug (even though hardware
DVD players seem to "Do the Right Thing(tm)")

Usually adding -aid 128 to the options plays the correct track,
otherwise, you can start mplayer with -v and look at the verbose
startup messages, it will list all the audio tracks it found and
their corresponding aid's.

As for the menu system, mplayer currently doesn't support DVD menus.
There was an attempt a while back to use libdvdnav to do it, but I
don't think that it actually works very well/at all. You can compile
mplayer with the support if you like though... Look in the configure
- --help options.

For now, just play the movie track (almost always track 1) with -dvd
1

- -Vic