[MPlayer-users] ANNOUNCE: mplayerplug-in v0.30

Kevin DeKorte kdekorte at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 22 22:26:37 CET 2003

Arpi,

I actually did a test of this in my code...

First thing I did was to make the code work with cat by doing a popen("cat
-","w")

Stdout gets plenty of data thru cat,

Changed "cat" to "mplayer" and no data ever makes it to mplayer. Usually
mplayer times out right away. It can't demux the stream and dies.

Although "cat somevideo.divx | mplayer - " works just great.

Tried some options like -cache 4 and messing with the block size mozilla gives
me... Any other ideas?

Kevin