[MPlayer-users] MPlayer works like a charm, just need a few tips!

Pierric Descamps pierric at descamps.net
Thu Jan 23 21:08:01 CET 2003

Hi,

> I want to crop the video without having to re-encode the
> AVI file (thus resulting in a loss of quality), so that the aspect ratio
> of the output file is 16:9 like it should be.

I don't think this is possible, because altering the picture in any way means
reencoding, as every part of the picture depends more or less on all other
parts (this sentence = a silly way to make it simple).

> I have tried ripping each side, then cat'ing each of those
> files into mplayer with streamdump and - (to use stdin).

I've never tried it, but doesn't "mencoder -OPTIONS file1 file2" work if the
file are the same format?

I hope these answers can help...
Pierric.

Pierric DESCAMPS                      ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._
E-Mail    :   pierric at descamps.net     `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)
Web-Site  :   http://descamps.net      (_Y_.)'  ._   )  `._ `. ``-..-'
Jabber-ID :   pierric at tipic.com      _..`--'_..-_/  /--'_.' ,'