[MPlayer-users] [BUGFIX] OSD menu doesn't traverse symlinks to directories

Sebastian Kapfer sebastian_kapfer at web.de
Fri Jan 24 19:39:58 CET 2003

Verified versions: Today's CVS snapshot & Marillat's Debian package

The default OSD menu has an "Open..." command which allows me to select
a movie to play. Unfortunately, the directory scanner doesn't check for
symlinked directories. If the user chooses a symlink-to-directory (STD),
mplayer tries to "play" the target directory, which of course does not
work.

Proposed micro-patch: Change libmenu/menu_filesel.c, line 97; replace
the call to lstat by a call to stat. Works for me, and seems the logical
choice.

--
Best Regards,   |   Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
 Sebastian      |   your ~/.signature to help me spread!