[MPlayer-users] 0.90rc3-2 srpm build error - how to fix?

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Fri Jan 24 19:54:04 CET 2003

On Friday, 24 January 2003, Sylvain Petreolle wrote:
> Not true, I have RH 8.0 and it gives the both libpng versions:
> libpng-devel-1.2.2-8
> libpng-1.2.2-8
> libpng10-devel-1.0.13-6
> libpng10-1.0.13-6

Hm. I've checked the contents of libpng10-devel, and it puts the headers
in /usr/include/libpng10/ so that's the directory we should be checking
for libpng headers in the first place.
Alternatively MPlayer could support both versions of libpng.

BTW: libpng version can be verified by looking at png.h contents:
[...]
/* Version information for png.h - this should match the version in png.c */
#define PNG_LIBPNG_VER_STRING "1.0.14"

#define PNG_LIBPNG_VER_SONUM   0
#define PNG_LIBPNG_VER_DLLNUM  %DLLNUM%

/* These should match the first 3 components of PNG_LIBPNG_VER_STRING: */
#define PNG_LIBPNG_VER_MAJOR   1
#define PNG_LIBPNG_VER_MINOR   0
#define PNG_LIBPNG_VER_RELEASE 14
/* This should match the numeric part of the final component of
 * PNG_LIBPNG_VER_STRING, omitting any leading zero: */
[...]

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/